Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Finally

The big news Friday was the Scooter Libby thing. The big news yesterday was the new nominee for the Supreme Court. Normally that would have swept a lot of the dust from Friday under the carpet. But the big news today was Senator Harry Reid's speech to the Senate before moving to put the Senate into closed session. Read his full statement here:
http://www.tpmcafe.com/story/2005/11/1/144647/999
I am impressed that someone in the Senate finally had the guts to say this!
A small segment of his speech was on Public Television's New Hour tonight, but nowhere near enough. They also showed a short clip of Bill Frist's response. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Frist appeared emotional to me, almost to the point of tears. This hit his leadership hard, no doubt about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home