Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Parsley Sage Rosemary and Rhyme

My chosen title today has nothing to do with what I will be writing. It came about as a typo in a chat window this morning, nothing else.
What really IS on my mind at the moment is a letter posted by Juan Cole in his blog this morning written by Chas Freeman. The letter speaks for itself.
I'm going out on the limb a bit here by citing Chas Freeman as a man worthy of my attention, not because he doesn't have an amazing resume, he does, and not because he doesn't see things the way I have come to see them, he does - this from 2006 when Bush was still firmly in power. I'm going out on the limb because I haven't followed the controversy that led Freeman to withdraw yesterday from consideration to chair the National Intelligence Council.
However, I tend to believe what Freeman is claiming, that it was the Israeli lobby which drove him out. The letter is worth a read.

1 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

I am in the same boat as you. I knew nothing of Mr Freeman before I saw this post. I did read his letter and agree with his sentiments. The pro-Israeli lobby has entirely too much influence on US policy in the Mid East. I am no pro Palestinian advocate either. But I am intensely interested in handling our policies abroad based on the interest of our nation as a whole and not a select few.

10:58 AM, March 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home