Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Shithole Democrat

I would like to remind any reader of this post that in the news this week, top story in the mainline media and everywhere else, is the story that President Trump is alleged to have used the term "shithole" in a confidential meeting of congressmen discussing immigration. He used the term to refer to some of the third-world countries where, if the films we may have watched in recent years are showing the truth, many of the residents live in impoverished, disease and crime-ridden shanty towns under unimaginably deplorable conditions.
One Democrat is alleged to have emerged from this meeting and immediately shared this politically incorrect reference with the media which took the football and ran from goalpost to goalpost over and over again day after day twenty-four hours a day and continue to do so while simultaneously proclaiming that the term they are ceaselessly repeating should not be spoken, ever, anywhere.
Am I the only one who sees irony in this liberal behavior? I mean if I had been in that meeting and if I had heard the President of the United States use such language, would my first thought be oh man I need to share this one with the whole world or would I perhaps have taken Trump aside and told him I didn't like hearing him talk that way and if I ever hear that term again I'd make sure he regrets it. I don't believe I would be in any rush to shame the office of the President of the United States publicly when there clearly could have been a better way to handle it.

But then again, I'm not a Democrat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home