Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Another Day of Global Warming

I've been sort of just hiding out in the house today. The shades are drawn and I've had little inclination to open them. Why? Because it's snowing. It snowed Saturday too but not as much as today. I swear there's close to a foot of new snow out there. The snowblower is still broken too.

The fact is it shouldn't be snowing this much this early in the season. It should be warmer. It should be raining.

Why?

Because of Global Warming, like duhhh…

Did you know that there are rational educated professionals and scientists who don't think Global Warming is valid science?

No?

97 percent of all scientists living on this planet believe in Global Warming?

Well this guy doesn't. Check it out.

***
Evening… hours and hours later!

Well weren't that fun, shoveling snow in the drizzle. This sudden transition from mid autumn to winter has me in a bit of culture shock. Well more like depression but culture shock is a good euphemism.
For years I have used those wide-bladed aluminum grain shovels for shoveling snow. Did I say years? I meant decades. When the snowblower isn't working it's shovel time. Today's snow was the kind of snow where I wound up using car wax on the shovel blade. An aluminum shovel isn't very light with heavy wet snow stuck to it. I did wind up cheating though. Over half of the driveway I just packed down with the Subaru. That was a test, by the way. We bought the car (a 2006 Outback) this summer and I bought new 4-season Pirelli tires for it a month or so back so I wanted to see just how well the car did in seven or eight inches of damp snow. It passed with flying colors!

So then I went to bed and turned on the electric blanket and watched music videos on YouTube, the blues. You know, I think I just figured out what it is about music that impresses me so much, I mean besides the talent it takes to make good music. It's that music turns sound into substance. In my mind the substance is a flowing liquid magic infused with feelings and ideas that lift the spirit. It's food for the soul.
My cup runneth over with blues.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home