Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Monday, August 30, 2021

Faucian Nightmare

In my early morning thoughts, the ones a person might have before physical reality squeezes out freestyle thought, I was thinking how human civilization has worked its way into a nightmare that none of us seem to be able to escape. At its core of course is Covid, that mysterious demon that brings out the worst in everybody. At the core of Covid thought and policy is Anthony Fauci.

It seems only natural to imagine, as I imagined this morning, that in the future, if humans survive, this nightmare will be known as the "Faucian nightmare". The term will be as common as "Freudian slip".

Since Faucian is flagged as a misspelling, curious results come up when searching the term online. One search engine - not Google - immediately substituted "faustian" for faucian in its dropdown quick list but the eighth suggestion, consistently, was "facebook".

"How appropriate!" I thought., not that there's any relation, mind you, outside of conspiracy theory territory and I'm not about to go there in my feeble early morning thoughts. It's quite enough just to have this feeling that I just woke up but am still haunted and trapped by my latest nightmare.

As if I were reading minds, I finished typing faucian nightmare into that search engine and voila! This article dated this month popped up:

Fauci Just Announced Unvaccinated Americans Worst Nightmare

I haven't even read it yet and have never heard of "The Western Journal" before.

From this same publication here is an example of what I am talking about:

Judge Asks Mom a Surprise Vaccine Question, She Gets It 'Wrong' So He Strips Her of Custody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home