Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, June 21, 2024

Cheap Fakes Memo

Years ago, when I was in my reactive phase to the George W. Bush presidency, I discovered and started following a website called Talking Points Memo from Josh Marshall.

From time to time since that period it has come to the attention of many conservative commentators that the mainstream media suddenly all puppet the same talking point, various versions of it but certainly all sourced from the same talking point.

It never dawned on me to check and see if perhaps their talking point came from Talking Points Memo.

When this "cheap fakes" talking point suddenly flooded left-wing media it dawned on me that this particular talking point really makes me wonder if Josh Marshall and his Talking Points Memo website could be the source.

If this topic is new to you, here's a June 18 article refuting the new talking point:

Joe Biden’s frailty is no ‘cheap fake’: American voters WILL believe their eyes

Here is a podcast dated June 18 in which Josh Marshall outlines the new talking point without any reference to his theories reflecting either the White House or any other media source being the source of the theory. In other words, Marshall discusses the topic as though he is the source of the term "cheap fakes" leading me to think that yes, I very well might be right about this.

The pro-Biden folks were becoming desperate about all the video clips showing the decline of Biden's cognitive faculties and someone needed to come up with something to counter it. It appears to me that it was Marshall's job to be Biden's apologist.

The Talking Points memo YouTube release dated today, June 21:

Ep. 328: Cheap Fake Takes

The same talk dated June 18 on the Talking Points Memo website:

Ep. 328: Cheap Fake Takes

If you are on the ball, you might notice that the New York Post article time stamp is 12:46 PM Eastern Time while the Talking Points Memo article has a time stamp of 4:13 PM (time zone unknown). The associated podcast doesn't seem to have a date or timestamp. I base my commentary on the way Marshall makes no other reference to the term "cheap fakes" in his podcast. He speaks as if the ideas he is presenting are his own.

A June 14 New York Post article puts this subject in perspective:

Democrats’ denialism of Biden’s cognitive decline isn’t just unconvincing, it’s cruel

How it can possibly be thought of as wisdom for left-wing media to be unconcerned about Biden's obvious decline eludes me. Maybe you understand it. I don't.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home