Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, April 15, 2005

The Threat of Advocacy

For quite some time now Eric has been verbally attacking me for my criticisms of the conservative political movement. If I am not mistaken, Eric's claim is that I just don't have the educational or experiential qualifications to state my opinions in any meaningful dialog. I'm too low to count as worthy.
I remember Eric telling me one time that his generation, or at least that he and many of his friends, have abandoned or maybe never even chosen in the first place to value the values of my generation, the generation of the 60s, his own parents' generation.
Eric is entitled to his opinion. So is his generation. I've just wondered - with little hope of really understanding - how this rejection came about. It doesn't seem to be openly discussed very much.
This morning I came across an article dealing with that topic from a perspective that I can relate to. Without further comment, here is the link:
http://kurtnimmo.com/blog/index.php?p=625

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Problem is, Eric, that by the time we do all die off you'll be my age and there'll be a younger generation out there who just can't wait to see you dead and out of the way so they can be "better off." No matter if you aren't ready to go yet.
Sometimes, Eric, I am just blinded by the darkness of your brilliance.

6:43 PM, April 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home