Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Linkrot

I came across a new term just now. Not that it's new new, I mean, just invented, but it's new to me and even new in the sense that the Internet is still a new phenomenon. The word is "linkrot" or perhaps link rot. It refers to the way hypertext links in web pages stop working for various reasons. Some links point to web sites that are no longer available. Some links are old paths to web sites that have moved leaving behind no forwarding address. Yet others point to websites that are only available to paying subscribers.
I beg my readers to forgive me if this process is happening to my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home