Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Shithole America

Yesterday, Martin Luther King Day, Newsweek published an article online titled "TRUMP'S AMERICA IS A SHITHOLE COUNTRY"

You read that right. The web address that I give here was copy and paste as of 9:30 AM January 16, 2018. I'll paste it again:

www.newsweek.com/trump-america-shithole-country-780888
I'd copy and paste the title of the article too but the web page won't allow me to highlight and copy.

I wonder how long it will take Newsweek to change the title of this article.

Headline articles on my MSN home page as I compose this post include:
  • Warren: Trump is a ‘racist bully’
  • Graham breaks with fellow Republicans on Trump comments
  • Analysis: Why Trump voters need the immigrants they want to turn away
  • Too old for DACA, man who spent 30 years of his life in U.S. is deported
  • Melania’s Martin Luther King Day message criticized
  • Schumer: ‘I totally believe’ Durbin over Trump
  • Inside the tense, profane White House meeting on immigration
  • Trump fueling assault on democracy, report says
It takes some serious willpower to believe the word of Lindsey Graham and Dick Durban and ignore everyone else. Newsweek handles the problem first by hitting Trump with an ad hominem concerning women and then suggesting there is a consensus even among his supporters that Trump is a racist.

Is it any wonder that some people think the news is slanted heavily to the left?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home