Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Larger than Life

I was just moving a few things around in my room when I came to my MaiSto 1949 Ford convertible. Since coming across the remains of one such Ford, me being a true 49'r and all, it has grown on me that it would be a perfect car for me. I'd settle for its cousins like maybe that era of Thunderbird that, as I recall, one of my daughter's high school friends drove around for awhile. A coupe would do. Did they make those in convertibles back then? The Miata came out in what, '89, 90, and this Thunderbird must have been more recent than those.
What else might qualify for me, a Mustang convertible for sure. The '49 had flathead V-8s. I used to drive a '97  Ford pickup with the 4.6 and that engine always reminded me of the old flathead V-8 that I learned to drive a truck with, somehow it had torque similar to the old flathead. Any Mustang since, was it '95?, offered that engine design, or at least I assume it was the same design, from '95 on up to when they upgraded the 5.0 for the Mustang V-8. I'm sure a gas-sipping V-6 does just fine in a Mustang but there'd be more potential for excitement with the energy of a V-8 Ford carrying me around.

Anyway when I went to move this '49 off the top of a low bookcase I pictured what I might paint it if I had one for real and was thinking of colors. This model is dark gray and cream inside and a cream cover over the retracted roof. I'd be open to colors inside whatever car I had but if I painted her in yellow and white she'd be my daisy, a sleeper car. I'd drive her very slowly, you might even call it being lazy. So I think her name would be Lazy Daisy. Good name for a car don't you think?

I Googled Lazy Daisy and this Virginia store chain came up:
Lazy Daisy Gift Store

My mind is into motion at the moment and I know the reason why. I just finished watching the most active take you along for the ride comedy maybe even ever. Bill Murray is the star but his costar is an elephant and she is absolutely charming!
Larger than Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home