Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, January 17, 2020

Iran and its People

I'm opening up a new thread here to keep track of news stories and am starting off January 17, 2020. I'll start with this one:

Candace Owens on Iran and Women

US troops were injured by Iran's January 8 missile strike

Iran Declares Itself God

โ€œThe fact that Iran has the power to give such a slap to a world power shows the hand of God,โ€ Khamenei said
If that's not telling us, eh? Not that I'm Canadian, just eh.

Indigo Traveller

There is a YouTube channel by a guy who calls himself Indigo Traveler and he's a skilled vlog maker, does stunning work. He goes from country to country trying to give his viewers a feel for the people and a feel for their environment. He went to Iran I guess in March or something last year (2019) and has a playlist on his home page. Here's one of his Iran videos:
I've always had respect for the people of Iran and I don't mean the fear kind of respect. I respect them as good people. My hope is that some day they will be free and they will have the structure needed to remain that way.

Make Iran Great Again

Trump fires back after Iranian leader condemns him on Twitter: 'Make Iran Great Again!'  January 17 Fox News
To me it seems that President Trump is offering Iran peace and Iran's leaders are offering America war. Iran's leadership claims it doesn't trust America while the Iranian protest movement is claiming they don't trust Iran's leaders. Iran's military report directly to the ayatollah if I am to believe what I've read in the media lately so if Iran strikes America again the blood is on the ayatollah's hands, not on the hands of the people of Iran. Trump is making that message more clear to them and to the world. So the question is, does Iran's paranoid ayatollah want blood or does he want peace?

A message to the people of Iran:
President Trump's political opponents including nearly the entire mainstream media here and abroad like to portray (for political gain for the Democratic party) that Americans have nothing but contempt for President Trump. For that reason, and for that reason alone, they side with Iran's leadership and are attempting to sabotage President Trump's efforts to secure a real peace deal, a deal that would allow Iran to join with the community of nations that have no need for nuclear deterrence now or ever. I don't ask you to believe me. I have no political power. I am merely the humble messenger. Just bear what I am saying in mind.
A keystone to Donald Trump's worldview, and this is precisely why we who voted for him in 2016 still stand in his support, is that for peace to exist in this world all of the nations of the world, America included, need to be sovereign. The time for world empire is over. The New World Order will fail in its one world government ideology, but only if the people of this world stand in solidarity against it. Bombs and missiles are weapons of war. Propaganda is a weapon of war. Truth is the only weapon of peace. But truth is the first victim of war. Truth cannot be judged true or false. It can only be discovered by those who seek it. Seek it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home