Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Lawyers

 Sydney Powell is in the news again. She is the lawyer being sued by the voting machine company over claims regarding the Trump/Biden U.S. presidential election last November. She's being sued for damages and whatever in excess of a billion dollars. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be sued for exercising my freedom of speech.

But it seems that she has come up with an interesting defense. At first glance her defense seems like a stab in the back for those who believed the election was stolen. But on second thought...

Her new line of defense is reported as being that no reasonable person would believe the claims she had made. I suppose that argument would go something like oh so you claim that you have suffered over one billion dollars in damages from my claims? How? When it has been made clear to the whole world that no court in the land has believed me and that no election officials believe the claims and that no mainstream media outlets support the claims, in other words no reasonable people believe the claims, then what damage has been done? What, are you going to start claiming that reasonable people have believed me? Are you going to claim that my claims have resonated with reasonable-thinking people? Are you going to claim that it is reasonable to doubt the election results?

It would take a lawyer to pull that one off. She has a few. She is one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home