Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, June 10, 2022

The Lies - The Truth

Lately I have been getting more and more agitated by the flood of lies that the political left is pressuring me and everybody I know to believe. Over the years I have written about my view of truth. I have been encouraged to believe that every person has their (his or her) own truth, that reality is relative to the individual and that the truth we hold in common exists by consensus. In this view there is no higher reality, no absolute truth, no God and no need for God.

I've been thinking about writing about this topic, but I find it difficult to clearly express myself in a way that doesn't leave me vulnerable to being misunderstood by virtually the entire world. Nobody seems to think the way I think about truth, reality, and God. Does that confirm what they say about everybody having their own truth and reality?

Or is there something else going on? Is there a purpose in denying objective truth and replacing it with consensus perspectives?

This article just crossed my path and expresses my concerns a bit more traditionally than I might, but it is the truth:

The Suppression of the Truth

In my own thinking there is a sharp contrast between what this article's writer is saying and what I have heard so many proud conservative Christians claim, namely that the Bible is where you look for the truth because Satan rules the world and there is no truth outside of the Bible. Making that claim - which essentially says God lives inside the Bible and in Heaven but not on earth, not in our day-to-day lives - disavows being a truth seeker who sees truth just as easily and just as certainly outside the Bible as in. I can't find any difference between what those proud conservative Christians say about truth and what leftist relativist atheists say when it comes to actual truth, the kinds of truth mentioned in this article.

There is a God, and that God is truth. That God is reality. There is one truth, one reality, one God. Seek truth and you are seeking God. Deny God and you are denying truth. Hide from truth and you are hiding from God. Believing that truth and reality are relative to each individual denies the existence of God, of the only reality that binds us together and gives us strength.

The truth about lies is this:

Lies weaken us spiritually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home