Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Narcissists in Heaven

I've been exposed to enough conservative Christianity to believe that the Bible says there won't be any homosexuals in Heaven. I think there's a tendency to think that means no homosexuals will go to Heaven and that homosexuality is a different kind of sin because for the rest of us sinners there is forgiveness and there was God's sacrifice of His own Son, Jesus, to pay the price for our sins if we accept it, if we accept not only our own sinfulness but we also accept God's sacrifice. If we don't, tough, but if we do then we have hope. That's conservative Christianity in a nutshell.

But that's homosexuality. This post is about narcissism.

Will there be narcissists in Heaven? That's my question for the day. Because here's the thing. My whole adult life has been plagued with narcissists. What's worse is that narcissism is trending. It's popular. It's all around us. And to make things worse, most of us are incapable of knowing it when we see it, but narcissism is all about control and dominance and it's all around us now.

So if I go to Heaven when I die, will I have to keep on putting up with all this narcissistic crap? Because if narcissism is a character trait that survives death, it's my hope that narcissists will all go to Hell and stay the heck away from Heaven. I pray for deliverance from this evil.

And that includes my now deceased mother-in-law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home