Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Statistics Don't Lie

I had a link come to my email this morning that sent me to a very brief story about how scientists are predicting a major correction in the world's population. So I did a search in YouTube for anything having to do with "population correction". One of the results was a minute and fifty-five second video titled:

What is the Finite Correction Factor?

I had to laugh because apparently this is a trick that statisticians "get to use" rather than "have to use" in order to somehow mysteriously advance the credibility of any sample size greater than 5% - in this case the sample was 6 from a population of 100. Ask six people in a group of one hundred, spin the results using this "finite correction factor" and if the results please you, go right ahead and use it.

Kinda makes me wonder how many tricks these magicians actually have up their sleeves, ya know?

Anyway, search for "population correction" to really dampen your day.

Population Collapse Is Coming - Jordan Peterson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home