Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Thursday, November 02, 2023

Makes You Smile

Topic: Classic automobiles

Subject: 1957 Buick Roadmaster convertible

I was just turning eight years old when this car was new resulting in cars like this around when I was in high school. This year was the peak of styling for the style that began in the early 1950's. Back then they restyled all the models each year. 1955 is my favorite year. I had a '52 with the biggest straight-eight Buick made. But from what I recall, Buick had upgraded its Dynaflow automatic transmission in 1957. These cars were factory hotrods for middle-class working men and their families if you can imagine that.

So I had my eye on cars from this vintage when I was a teenager and this video really makes me feel young again. This should put a smile on anyone's face:

PERFECTION ! 1957 Buick Roadmaster Convertible in Red / Black & Ride My Car Story with Lou Costabile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home