Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, January 12, 2024

Palestine Existed - Don't Believe the Lies

I know the world has a love/hate relationship with Wikipedia, but sometimes it just seems to me that it makes sense to use it as a reference.

In recent years I have heard the claim that Palestine never existed. I even have a vague memory of Rush Limbaugh making that claim on his conservative radio talk show. I may even have more recently heard a similar claim from Fox News's Sean Hannity. Recently a Christian guest of ours made the same claim, that there never was such a place as Palestine and that the idea of Palestinians was (I hate to say this, but something akin to) a lie.

So it might surprise some people that the name Palestine actually does have a long history. It wasn't something - in a historical sense - just recently concocted by Zionists or by their opponents.

Check out this amazing reference in Wikipedia:

Timeline of the name Palestine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home