Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Sunday, August 04, 2024

Deep Dive Down the Memory Hole Today

As soon as I turned on my computer this morning and opened a news feed there was a prominent top-of-the-page story on how Ukraine had used American missiles to sink a Russian submarine and damage or destroy two of Russia's top air defense missile systems in Crimea.

American missiles, no less...

By any normal standards that was a big news story but by noontime it had vanished. I had to Google it to come up with the story. Otherwise, I would never have found it again. It's getting to be late afternoon, and the story still hasn't reappeared.

Someone has to do some serious manipulation of mainstream media to make a story that big vanish, wouldn't you agree? But just to prove it is a real story and not just a hoax or a figment of my imagination, I'll Google it again and leave a link here:

Ukraine's military says it sunk Russian Black Sea Fleet submarine, damaged S-400 missile system in 'successful hit'

Yesterday's news I guess... Already down the memory hole.

Ukraine says it sank Russian submarine in Crimea

The story I read this morning suggested that US made ATACMS missiles were used but I find no mention of that now.

I wonder why! I can understand why RT might suppress the story but why Western media?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home