Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fantasy Reality

Recently I've been reading and posting about Zionism and Christian Zionism. This morning I came across an interesting article about Christian Zionism and Zionist imperialism that paints a bleak picture for the future of the world. The article, written by Yoginder Sikand, is posted here at Religious News Online and here at The American Muslim. If you want to know where the future of Bush politics and Israeli imperialism lies, I suggest you take the time to read this article.
It is striking to me how fictional this whole thing seems to be. This is a fantasy whose authors and primary advocates use the Bible as their source. Picking and choosing images from the Bible, they weave together a patchwork quilt of war and death and dominance and terror. In so doing they hope to convince converts to become the instruments of this death and terror. All this is done in the name of Jesus and to win God's favor in their pursuit of wealth. If this isn't a cult, I can't imagine what it is. It certainly isn't what it says it is. It isn't God's Will on earth.
It has dawned on me that modern right-wing Christianity has become a suicide cult. What I haven't been able to determine yet is whether this is a recent phenomenon or represents some ancient Satanic cult long suppressed by the Roman and then Catholic churches.
It makes no sense at all to see Dick Cheney as a representative of right-wing Christianity. Since I don't think he is Jewish, then that leaves only one other option. So where can I find more information about this Satanic cult that is pushing the world toward suicide?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home