Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Deeper Down the Hole

I wonder if there is anybody in America who doesn't comprehend yet why it is that the phone companies need immunity from the law with reference to the Bush spy programs. I mean by that that it seems obvious to me that these phone companies wouldn't need immunity unless they were breaking laws.
What laws are they breaking, you may ask?
Isn't it obvious? They are allowing the US government to spy on you and me without probable cause. They are setting up monitoring equipment that can intercept everything we do on the phone lines, every Internet connection, every phone call, every word recorded, computer-scanned, and memorized for posterity.
The argument we give to justify this is that we are such good citizens that we would never have anything to fear from being monitored this way. I've heard that from my own right-thinking relatives.
But guess what.....
It's illegal and we all perfectly well know it. It's unconstitutional.
Who cares about the Constitution, you ask?
We hope someone does this coming November when We the People get to speak our minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home