Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Convention VP Speech

I just watched Sarah Palin's acceptance speech at the Republican convention. I have to admit, this lady wins hands down. I wouldn't want to be running anywhere against her. I'd lose for sure. She has a certain appeal that can't be denied. She's fierce. What was that joke she told? What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick. She had her lipstick on for sure.
But something just occurred to me. For anyone concerned that John McCain would be George Bush's third term? Heck, there's no comparison at all now that Sarah has arrived on the scene. This woman IS George Bush the Third! She is completely convincing to anybody who listens to political speeches without trying to fill in the gaps the speakers deliberately and cleverly leave out. If you don't ask who, what, when, where or why, this one is for you.
In fact the whole Republican convention is for you. There have been so many lies spun out from that podium this week it makes my head spin! But oh the cheers! My how those Republicans love to hear those lies! It's almost like wouldn't it be cool if McCain actually did win so we could actually live the proof that this is all just a pack of lies. But you know, we did that in 2004 and nobody in that party learned a thing. This is 2004 all over again. Four more years all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home