Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Melting! I'm Melting!

As we sit by our TV sets watching the meltdown of Wall Street, things are going on behind the smokescreen.
Make sense of this one!
I don't think I heard any mention of this in the media in the coverage of the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy over the weekend. I'm no money guru but doesn't this Bloomberg report say that this $138 billion in loans to Lehman Brothers since the bankruptcy was immediately repaid by the Federal Reserve Bank? Isn't the Federal Reserve Bank the one that insures all of our FDIC backed bank deposits? Um, gee guys, but is that the money I'm supposed to feel good about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home