Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Monday, January 30, 2017

Islamophobia and Anti-Semitism

There seems to be some debate about what islamophobia is, how it should be defined, what sorts of beliefs and activities qualify.

I like to keep things as simple as possible in my mind probably because my mind, when it comes to stuff like this, is so tiny but let's give this a try. So I say to myself, self, define what islamophobia means to you.

Islamophobia is the fear of offending Muslims by speaking the truth about their religion because we have been conditioned to believe that if you tell a Muslim the truth about his religion he will be offended and become violent and abusive.

I am finding that if I use this definition, much of what is said now in Europe and in the USA makes more sense.

Anti-Semitism has a similar definition in my overly simplistic mind.

Anti-Semitism is the belief that if you speak the truth about Israel and Zionism or about the role Jews have played in history, you should be covertly retaliated against.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home