Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Iran

Recently I've watched several travel videos on YouTube that were filmed in Ireland and were done by an American named Rick Steves. His commentary seems well researched but his personality is way too Americanish for me. By that I mean naïve, overly simplistic and American-centric if that makes any sense. Americanish doesn't even pass the spell check acid test.

But this evening I couldn't seem to get to sleep and I wound up back on YouTube and was presented by YouTube with a link to a video that he and his film crew did in Iran. This is unlike anything I have ever watched before. I found it amazing, a visual spectacle, culturally revealing, and just plain awesome to see - an adventure. It's enough to make me ashamed to be such a believe whatever I am told monocultural Americanish spell-check-triggering ignoramus.

Here's the YouTube link.

Enjoy the trip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home