Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Maine's Better Half

Maine's Senator Susan Collins speaks on the Senate Floor about the two articles of impeachment reflecting virtually the polar opposite of Maine's other senator, Angus Gump - I mean, Angus King whom I wrote about earlier.

Sen. Collins announces plan to vote to acquit on both articles of impeachment

She may well be showing her age but she puts to shame the arguments Angus poses.

I do have one major concern, though, with Senator Collins' reasoning. She says it was not the correct thing for President Trump to be concerned about the Biden issue with corruption in the Ukraine. What I don't understand is why not, why would it be wrong for President Trump to want to know more about the obvious connection between Joe Biden, his son Hunter Biden, and corruption, money laundering or whatever it was? It will certainly be something to watch if the Senate does investigate the Hunter Biden thing as Lindsey Graham says he intends to do. If Senator Collins can't wrap her mind around the fact that this is a problem in the U. S. government, this apparent corruption, then what does that say about her? What shadow does that cast over her? How can she think that kind of thing is acceptable? Why would she side with the Democrats on this problem?

I was in the waiting room of a car dealership today waiting for my car to have an airbag recall completed and in a deja vu from a few weeks ago when I had my wife's car done I picked up today's issue of the Bangor Daily News and was sickened by the constant unending anti-Trump bullshit throughout that newspaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home