Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Monday, August 08, 2022

Alex Jones and the Conspiracy Theory Conundrum

The verdict against Alex Jones last week should serve as a time stamp in Internet history, being the point in time where Internet censorship hit the mainstream. Infowars may indeed be able to raise the funds to cover the damages, but few other Internet content providers have that financial capacity.

But there's another side to the Alex Jones story that you will never hear about in the mainstream media, a conundrum of opposing subliminal forces working to suppress the public faith in the act of truth seeking.

Here's a good explanation of that conundrum that I came across this morning:

Alex Jones, Cass Sunstein, and "Cognitive Infiltration"

I found that this article triggered a certain tolerable amount of cognitive dissonance for me and I was surprised by the unanticipated surprise ending but the article expands on something that has troubled my mind for years and finally came to a head during the rise and fall of QAnon. What if right-wing conspiracy theory were being sabotaged deliberately by elements within the government? What would that look like and what would be the effect?

I mean, it's not as if the government has nothing to hide!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home