Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Sunday, October 01, 2023

That Dastardly Bunch of Rebel Republicans

Days ago, the news outlets were flooded with the story that a small group of Republicans were preventing the passage of a "stopgap" bill that would fund the U.S. government for another 45 days, thus preventing a government shutdown, but I couldn't see how 21 or 22 Republicans in the House could wield such power. The math didn't add up. The news stories refused to explain it.

I wondered to myself, "Could it be possible that the Democrats joined that small group of Republicans and voted against the bill? Could it be that the Democrats were the ones risking a government shutdown but both the liberal and the conservative mainstream media sources were concealing that fact?

No," I said to myself, "they can't be all playing that dirty and no news outlets calling their bluff!"

Well...

Maybe I was wrong:

SHOCK: Democrats Try to Adjourn House of Representatives and Go Home Hours Before Government Shutdown (VIDEO)

I don't know about you, but this kind of horse shit just makes me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home