Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Finally My Race Question Is Answered!

For my entire adult life I have had to wonder whenever I write about Black people whether I should use a capital letter when I speak of the White (or white) race.

But now somebody has finally answered that question! If you are referring to race, you don't capitalize the "w" in White. No exceptions. But God forbid if you fail to capitalize the "B" in black or brown.

Racist Delta Airlines Sends Memo to Employees Asking Them to Capitalize “Black” & “Brown” but Write “White” in Lowercase – Format Follows Far-Left Associated Press Guidelines

Now I'm all confused. Do I or don't I? Am I or am I not racist? Why is equality forbidden by those who claim not to be racist?

Oh and by the way, what are "Brown" people? Do I just have a failing memory or did "Brown" people come into existence long after I was taught about the races? They taught me about red people and yellow people and white people and black. Now you never hear about red or yellow people but there's this mysterious catchall called "Brown" which may or may not include American Indians, real Indians, probably not Asians because apparently it's still OK for EVERYBODY to be racist against them, but "Brown" may or may not apply to Jews and Arabs and Spaniards and God knows who else? And it's White people who are the only racists?

Is it any wonder that authoritarian-imposed racial norms confuse me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home