Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Sunday, March 10, 2024

First Orgasm Cosmology

Hey, I came across a news article - a "headline" - just today that reported on information first reported seven months ago concerning the notion that the universe might be 13 billion years older than its current estimated age of 13.7 billion years.

That caught my eye but I didn't click on the headline. What I did do instead a few hours later was to Google the notion that the universe might be double its age and I came up with this article on the phys.org website about this topic and came across a real surprise.

First, the link to the article:

New research puts age of universe at 26.7 billion years, nearly twice as old as previously believed

Zwicky's tired light theory

Mentioned in that article was Zwicky's tired light theory in the sense that if the defunct tired light theory is reborn, perhaps that could help explain why the universe could be much older than expected.

And I'm like, "What?!"

What's this tired light theory?

Well, it turns out the theory is something that my own simple mind imagined when I first heard about the redshift and the Big Bang but in all that time, I had never encountered anybody, any news article, or any book that discussed the theory despite that it has been around since 1929. Nobody ever talked about it in my life's experience so I just assumed I must have invented the theory. It was the same thing as my first orgasm. Nobody had ever talked about whatever that thing was!

So yeah, I'll have to keep an eye on this story. How can a disproven theory explain anything about reality? Or does the word "disproven" have an alternative definition in science that ordinary people don't know about? Or maybe does science owe us an apology? How about reparations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home