Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, November 05, 2004

Low

There is something I need to get off my chest. It's something I have been intending to say for quite awhile, but now seems to be an appropriate time.
For all of my life I have been aware of an important principle and here it is. In this world there are no human beings any lower than men who profit from wars but are not willing to fight such wars themselves. Since most fighting men are best recruited for training when still young, ages 18 to around 26, that principle applies to them more than to anyone else.
Young men who profess the just cause of the Iraq war but are too cowardly or too full of self worth or self interest to risk their own lives for that cause will spend the rest of their lives crawling on their bellies. They are as cowardly as humanity gets.
If you think that I am being personal against you, forget it. First, this principle didn't originate with me. Second, you are far from alone in your cowardice. Many of the 59 million voters who approved of Bush/Cheney in 2004 are exactly your type of creep.
If you are of fighting age and you want to support the troops, then sign up or shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home