Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sesame Street on Sunday Morning

Can you believe it? Both my wife and my oldest son Jake just criticized me this morning because I was sitting in front of the TV watching Sesame Street. Big Bird had just resolved a stressful situation involving change and the Cookie Monster was trying not to eat the letter for the day, an oatmeal cookie with a big D on it.
My wife criticized me because she just criticizes everything I do unless I am doing it specifically for her. My son, though, thought I could be spending my time better watching some Sunday morning sports (as in hunting/fishing) program. I had said that I thought Sesame Street was a much better program than CBS News but Jake argued that CBS News wasn't on. I would have expected Sunday morning church broadcasts so I hadn't even looked, but in our house the choices are simple. We get PBS and the CBS affiliate, Channel 5 from Bangor.
But I get the last laugh... My wife is sitting in front of the TV now watching Sesame Street and enjoying it. Jake, on the other hand, is packing his bags to go ice fishing in the frigid cold.
Op! I spoke too soon. I hear the sports chatter now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy smokes!!! I've been trying all day to find little know sources of "real" people online with thoughts and ideas about ice fishing shelter. I stumbled on to your porst about Sesame Street on Sunday Morning and although it's not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly caught my attention. I'm personally building a resource for ice fishing shelter and hope you might stop by and check it out when you have a chance...let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to send people this way as well. Thanks Bill...Cheers!

12:46 PM, December 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill: I came here looking for information on ice fishing and found your post on Sesame Street on Sunday Morning. Although it's not quite the information I was looking for, I appreciate the chance to have a read. I'll definately be checking back in. I'm off to look for more resources for ice fishing. If you have any more great suggestions, please post them here and I'll come back to check. Thanks again!

5:12 AM, December 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home