Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, January 23, 2009

See No Evil

Don't even ask what I'm doing up at this hour of the night, but to be awake at this hour of the night and discover a new word that begins to bring recent history into clearer focus...
Agnotology
Even my spell-checker doesn't recognize this one.
Wikipedia has quite a lot to say about this word.
I ran across it in a post in the blog The Big Picture.
The definition given there:
"Culturally constructed ignorance, purposefully created by special interest groups working hard to create confusion and suppress the truth."
What better word is there to describe the Bush era... or for that matter, Sarah Palin!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carlos Echevarria said...

Bill, if it was your master, B. Hussein Obama, whose church was assailed, you would be singing a different tune!!!

Give me a break,,,,don't be a typical, left wing coward

5:19 PM, January 23, 2009  
Blogger Bill said...

It took me a little while to figure out that comment by Carlos. I was scratching my head to understand whose church I had attacked in my post here.
Well as it turns out, Carlos is not responding to my post here but is rather responding to a comment I made on a Sarah Palin idolization blog. The issue I commented on was a criticism of the mainstream liberal media for not pushing hard enough for the solution of the case in Alaska involving the fire at Sarah Palin's (former?) church just before Christmas. I merely pointed out that as governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin was ultimately the one responsible for the investigation. It's a Harry Truman thing in my mind. The buck has to stop somewhere and Palin is in the chair where it stops when it comes to Alaskan state law enforcement. The blog's author responded to me to assert that Palin is not responsible. The buck doesn't stop with Sarah Palin. Go figure.
But anyway, this somehow caught the attention of Carlos who fortunately didn't reply anonymously here. He left his footprint. I checked out one of his blogs. He seems to have this thing for women. I suppose he felt a need to defend poor Sarah and her worshipers by spitting at me.
Mystery solved.

7:27 AM, January 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home