Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

NSA and 911

I just watched a one-hour NOVA program on PBS television titled "The Spy Factory." The program focused on the National Security Agency's role in the War on Terror including what they knew about the 9/11 terrorists prior to the attack. Most of this information has been the topic of speculation primarily among so-called conspiracy theorists but as it turns out, it is entirely real.
One thing that really bugs me after watching this show is that it is quite obvious that the NSA was monitoring bin Laden and al-Qaeda, had their phone numbers, was monitoring bin Laden's personal cell phone purchased in New York, the al-Qaeda control center in Yemen, and the terrorists themselves here in the US. There is no way that the NSA did not know what was happening. NOVA answers that by alluding to the idea that the NSA had nobody in government that it could report those facts to.
Just how gullible does NOVA think its audience is? Of course the NSA has people in government that it reports to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Casimira said...

After quite some time of falling out of touch, I ran across an old email with your blog address. I see that I have much, much reading to do to catch up!

I am happy to know that you are still doing well and still writing wonderful articles!

I suppose I should get to reading now :)

Dacia

9:32 AM, February 06, 2009  
Blogger Bill said...

Dacia,
How wonderful it is to hear from you!!!!!!! I am feeling faint!!!

For anyone else wondering, Dacia is the inspiration for my even starting a blog way way back when. And I suppose in some sense, everything I have written I have written to her.

1:04 PM, February 06, 2009  
Blogger Casimira said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:09 PM, February 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home