Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, December 20, 2019

#FullofSchiff

So I notice in a comment on a YouTube video that someone used the phrase "full of Schiff" and I recall hearing about the "Schiff show" over the past few years in the U.S. House of Representatives, OK?
So it dawns on me that this would make a good hashtag - #FullofSchiff - so of course I Google it and discover it's already out there in use. No surprise there. It should be in use worldwide!
But...
Google's 7th in the list for search results is "Full of Schiff" with this partial definition:
"Slang - When a politician or media spokesperson talks continuously going on repeating themselves emphasizing what they alone think, usually without regard …"
Just as it was getting good, eh?
The link was pointing to the Urban Dictionary so of course I click on that and...
Sorry, we couldn't find: Full of Schiff
OK so let's go to the Urban Dictionary and do a search for it in there, shall we?
Awww... same result.
Well maybe "Jack Schiff" - let's try it...
Awwww... Darn it! Same thing...
How about "Schiff Show"? That one probably put Roger Stone behind bars...
Same thing! What, am I spelling Schiff wrong?
You try.
Oh god... Urban Dictionary definition of "Schiff": "To serve with honor and integrity, like Congressman Adam Schiff."
Hmmmm...
So Full of Schiff would mean virtually bubbling over with - frothing with - honor and integrity. Talk about virtue signaling! Man! Oh sorry, I mean Woman! No, can't be that... Hmmm... Person! Yeah that's the word. Person alive!

Tell me the Internet isn't being politically censored by the Dems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home