Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Friday, November 12, 2021

Blind Faith (in Trump)

Normally one doesn't go about discussing the weaknesses of those he attempts to believe in. [I use "he" because in this case I am talking about myself who is a "he" and not because I am ant-female or anti any other gender, whatever that might be.]

I became a believer in the notion that Trump was on to something back in the summer of 2016. He was different from the rest. He spoke the language of the people, not the language of government, not the language of mainstream media propaganda. If you paid attention to him you could see that what he was saying made sense to common people like me who had come to realize that complacency wasn't a solution to anything. Trump was paying attention. The rest were trying to make sure you didn't discover the truth.

So I became a "Trumpster".

Through thick and thin, through media lies, through congressional abuse, through unpleasant family dinners, through the disdain aimed against all things "Trump" I still could believe in Trump's policies. I could see how he tried to live up to his word and how the media made sure their audience were never aware of what Trump actually was saying.

But one thing about Trump and the Trump presidency did concern me. One thing did cause me to question Trump's judgment. That one thing was Trump's loyalty to Israel. The greatest enemy the world faces should be Communism but as bad as Communism is (it will destroy us in the end if we don't shut it off) as bad as that is, the greatest enemy the world faces is the lies we live with to support Israel. Trump pandered to those lies.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the way Arabs like to do things is better. I'm not defending Iran either. All I'm saying is the so-called "free world" is awash with lies aimed at giving the advantage to Israel and its Jewish and conservative Christian propaganda machine and Trump was in on it. Trump realized early on that you have to appease America's dominant Jewish establishment or they will destroy you.

I have to admit, though, that Trump walked the line when it came to Israel. He despised the impact that Israel's covert policies had caused, the impact they were still causing under his presidency. He secretly opposed the notion that the only way to secure Israel was to covertly undermine its enemies. Trump, I believe, understood the principle of "blowback" to covert war. But at the same time he knew that he would be destroyed as an influential leader if he exposed it, if he exposed the covert side of Israeli policy. I tend to think the best example of this dynamic was Trump's seesaw relationship with Senator Lindsey Graham, a staunch defender of Israeli covert and overt aggression. When Trump was pandering to Israel, Graham loved him, but Graham turned on Trump in a heartbeat every time Trump stood in Israel's way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home