Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, August 09, 2022

For Love of a Seaplane

Give Her Wings Canada 150

It absolutely amazes me what people will go through to save old airplanes, especially 
World War II vintage military planes. My home town hosts an annual seaplane fly-in that has, over the years, proven my point not only with WWII era flying boats but with the legendary one-and-only DC-3 on floats and, for a few years, hosting representatives of the group that salvaged Glacier Girl, a P-38 lost and buried for decades in the Greenland ice.

This morning, YouTube sent me a link to a channel I hadn't been aware of before:

Save the Canso

May the force be with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home