Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Sunday, October 01, 2023

Pondering

It seems that in recent times - oh, say maybe the past two or three years - I have pondered the relationship between truth, the real kind of truth, and what many refer to as God. God is always kind of fuzzy as far as what He actually is when most of us think about what God is. None of us know exactly what God is.

But I was pondering just now and this thought came to me:

God is the objective observer of truth

I love to paraphrase to help me see what something is saying. Let me paraphrase myself here.

In order for an objective observer to observe, he or she needs to exist - in the sense that we remember the past and we remember who we are and what we have seen. He remembers. He observes and doesn't forget.

So that is the first characteristic of being the objective observer of truth - all truth, by the way. Nothing escapes truth. Even lies can't escape.

The second characteristic is the connection between memory and time. This God we speak of must actually exist in time. Memory involves the dimension of time beyond just this moment - the past, the present, and the future.

The only thing is, can we tune in to this dimension ourselves and maybe draw closer to objective truth...

Can we approach being within sight of the truth? Must we continue to hide?

Ponder that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home