Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Timothy Leary's Dead - and Remembered

I certainly don't wish to be responsible for anybody's bad trip, but I have to admit, of all my life's memories it's the acid trips that seemed to have the greatest impact on my life. I can't imagine what my life would have been had I not experienced LSD in my early 20's. They started spiking it with something in the 70's and I never trusted it again - strychnine or something worrisome. It was about that time that I met the Lord in the religious sense and there hasn't been LSD in my life since. And I don't want to give the impression that I did acid a lot because I didn't. I just experienced it and it had a huge impact on me and on my life.

That said, I just spent about the past hour or so on my inversion table enjoying this seriously entertaining and informative documentary on the Timothy Leary LSD phenomenon. Not sure it would appeal to younger people or to people my age who were among the "straight" set, but it's a trip through nostalgia for folks like myself.

Timothy Leary's Last Trip

Imagine this, YouTube used its algorithms to bring this flic to my attention. I didn't even search for it.

A follow-up film:

Magic Trip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home