Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Clueless

Last night there was a 2-way debate on the PBS News Hour between Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson from Texas and Democrat Senator Patty Murray from Washington State. Yesterday was the day that President Bush vetoed the Iraq War supplemental spending bill. Senator Murray held her ground well. Senator Hutchinson, though, was like Deja Vu all over again. I don't recall seeing her on TV very much but I was amazed at how much she spoke and presented herself like Maine's veteran Senator Olympia Snowe. She didn't have to think even a single creative or individual thought for this debate. All she seemed to do was parrot Republican talking points. Not only that but just like Maine's Senator Snowe, she did it in a droning voice. The working temperature of her personality was absolute zero.
However, her cluelessness really came through at one point when she said it is 30,000 miles from the US to Iraq. I'm serious! Check out the transcript on PBS. Honey I hate to be the one to tell you this but it isn't 30,000 miles to anywhere on earth unless you first circle the entire planet and then head to your destination.
That reminded me of something on YouTube that I watched last week, about how geographically savvy Americans can be. I can't imagine, though, that this video isn't staged. But 30,000 miles to Iraq? From where, Senator?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home