Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Thursday, May 25, 2023

"American"

I want to settle this "American" thing once and for all.

Some people living in North America, Central America, or even South America but especially in Canada claim that people living in the United States aren't the only ones who can rightfully call themselves "Americans".

I live in the United States of America and I am an American for no other reason than that there's no other name on the planet that I can call myself.

If you live in Canada, you are Canadian.

If you live in Mexico, you are Mexican.

If you live in Brazil, you are Brazilian.

If you live in Nicaragua, you are Nicaraguan.

Etc.

But if you live in the United States of America, you aren't a Unitedian or a Staesian or a United Statesian, you are American.

Canadians, you had your chance. Back when the new empire was being established you retards insisted on being loyal to the crown rather than joining the United States of America. You have no claim to the name "American".

Sorry.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home