Eden Hill Journal

Ramblings and memories of an amateur wordsmith and philosopher

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

I Ask Myself Is This About Me?

I seem to have no problem suspecting that most true narcissistic people are female.

However, that's just one man's opinion. I think the general consensus is that most abusive individuals are male. So from that I should be able to conclude that if there is a narcissist in my marriage it's much more likely it's me since I am the male.

That said, it seems to me like I've read from multiple sources that a narcissist doesn't seek advice about narcissism and I fail that particular test for narcissism big time. I want to know what it is, how it affects the people around me, what can be done about it. I want to understand narcissism from the victim's perspective.

A day or two back I came across a YouTube channel by a lady named Joanna Kujath. She has many videos on the subject and seems to hit the nail right on the head. She speaks from the point of view of someone who has herself overcome the impact of a narcissist in her own life. At least that's how it seems to me. Anyway, here's a link to what I think could be a good introductory video of the subject.

My problem is that I've always thought that song was about me ever since the first time I remember hearing it in that small village pub just off base. Maybe that's why I'm so drawn to the idea it may be me, not her, who is the guilty one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home